Thursday, June 1, 2017

Agnosticism on the Missing Papyrus Theory

I have decided to reform my position on the Missing Papyrus Theory a little bit.  In the past I have been quite against it.  I have turned into an agnostic on it.  I don't believe in it.  I think there are better theories than that.  But I have fought against it in the past when it isn't really all that incompatible with my theory.  My theory is about providing an explanation for what the Kirtland Egyptian Papers are in relation to the Sensen Papyrus characters.  I only know that Joseph Smith and his scribes were trying to translate those characters in the Kirtland Egyptian Papers.  If there is some other Papyrus that is missing that has the Book of Abraham Text on it, then more power to the missing papyrus theory advocates.  I guess I truly have no evidence against it, only a lack of belief in it.  I don't see a necessity for a belief in that kind of a theory.  I guess therefore that I should say that I am agnostic on it, and shouldn't be so against the possibility.